Photo

Can Sixbit Be Used On Amazon Or Other Sites Besides Ebay?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Paddysstuff

Paddysstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

I would love to use this other places than eBay. Is it possible?

#2 Steve Moody

Steve Moody

Staff

• Administrators
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTroy PA

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:38 AM

Paddysstuff,

We are planning to support other sites as time allows. According to the current priorities, support for Bidstart.com and Etsy.com will be added first.

Steve

#3 Paddysstuff

Paddysstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

Paddysstuff,

We are planning to support other sites as time allows. According to the current priorities, support for Bidstart.com and Etsy.com will be added first.

Steve

I am so excited! I have stopped any serious selling on eBay and preparing to start selling on Etsy.com. This appears to be the software I have been trying to find. I am also selling on Ruby Plaza, Amazon and soon Bonanzle. Hope I will be able to use it on these eventually. Thanks for having a great product!

#4 Paddysstuff

Paddysstuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:31 PM

I am so excited! I have stopped any serious selling on eBay and preparing to start selling on Etsy.com. This appears to be the software I have been trying to find. I am also selling on Ruby Plaza, Amazon and soon Bonanzle. Hope I will be able to use it on these eventually. Thanks for having a great product!

#5 John Slocum

John Slocum

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationAthens, PA

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

Amazon and Bonanzle are certainly on our list of sites to evaluate but we don't have any concrete information or schedule yet.
John
Board Administrator
SixBit Software

#6 -Bob.

-Bob.

Old Timer

• Associate Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Paddy: I'm using SB to post to Bonanzle, Yahoo Groups, and Craigslist. Not automatically post - but I do use the software to create the html/text I will be posting, and thru use of Item Folders, I keep track of what I'm posting where. For now, that's enough.

I use Description Wrappers designed to be used with each of the sites. Bonanza is pretty similar to eBay, with embedded images and decent html support. Yahoo Groups are tricky - some allow embedded images and limited html, some are text only. So I've created a 'slimmed down' Desc Wrapper for those posts - it includes a single embedded image just after the heading, and then image links for the rest of the images. For Craigslist, the Desc Wrapper is very simple, since there's limited html allowed (in my experience - I'm not a big CL seller yet), and then I also include the image links as well, but for a different reason. The CL post routine will snag the images from my PC... but I need to know which ones I want to use, so those links at the end tell me which files to attach thru the CL post tool.

To post, I simply Preview the Item, then right-click on the Preview and select View Source from the selection pop-up. I highlight what I want (varies by site) and copy/paste to either the site (Bonanza/Craigslist) or into an email template (Yahoo Groups). If I need to do something about the images (Craigslist), I keep the Preview open while finishing up that. When I'm done, I move the Item to the proper Item Folder (Bonanza, Yahoo, Craigslist) so I know I've posted it.

Sales are handled thru the manual sales feature, with the site data (which site, Listing or Reference info, etc) kept in the notes field.

It works. If I were selling at my old eBay level (300-350 sales a month, 1000+ postings a month), I'd not be a happy camper. But I can handle it for my current volume... and keep "politely inquiring" of John and crew as to when they are going to make me a 'respectable seller' on those sites. :)

BTW: This is the same thing I had to do with BT.... only that software was not going to be allowed to go multi-venue. So even if I have to wait a bit, I'm much happier over here! :)

-Bob.

#7 Hallie

Hallie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:02 AM

I would be a super happy camper if Amazon were near the top of the priority list. Finding reasonably priced and/or truly functional software to maintain my inventory and listings between Amazon and Ebay has proven to be a challenge.

I am hoping that I've finally found what I need in this software. Thanks to a long time BT user, I found my way over here - the community alone for the two tools is a breath of fresh air!

#8 John Slocum

John Slocum

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationAthens, PA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

Hallie,

We're planning on integrating with Etsy and bidStart in the first half of the year and working on Amazon later in the year. We'll work fast!
John
Board Administrator
SixBit Software

#9 Hallie

Hallie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:28 AM

Thank you for the information John.

I was hopeful that Amazon would be in place and operational well before 4th quarter. But I'm grateful for an honest answer - those are hard for a customer to find when talking with ecommerce software folks. Much appreciated!

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:25 PM

Sales are handled thru the manual sales feature, with the site data (which site, Listing or Reference info, etc) kept in the notes field.

Is there documentation available showing how to use the manual sales feature?

#11 optionfactory

optionfactory

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:26 PM

Thanks,

Chris
Posted Image

#12 John Slocum

John Slocum

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationAthens, PA

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:10 PM

Here is the link to the documentation on creating manual orders: http://www.sixbitsof...ting_Orders.htm
John
Board Administrator
SixBit Software

#13 -Bob.

-Bob.

Old Timer

• Associate Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

(Guess I need to watch those page counters... JS had already replied!!)

-------------------

I haven't personally checked, but I did do a manual (non-eBay) sale just the other day, and I found the process to be quite easy.

I selected the Item I had sold, then right-clicked to get the context menu, from which I selected Create Order.

In the Order window, I used the mouse-over (placing the mouse on an icon will display the text name or function of the icon) to find the button for creating a new Buyer record, which was easy, and then changed the Item Price by simply clicking on it and editing it. I also left the shipping charge at zero, as this was a "free" shipping sale. After checking and editing/changing any of the other fields that required it (weight, dimensions, carrier, etc), I was ready to save the order and move on.

I would not be at all surprised to find that the User Guide already contains instructions for creating manual orders. John's good at keeping things like that up-to-date. :)

-Bob.

#14 Hallie

Hallie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hallie,

We're planning on integrating with Etsy and bidStart in the first half of the year and working on Amazon later in the year. We'll work fast!

Hi John - still loving SixBit... and wondering if there might be any updates on Amazon integration. Is it moving in that direction this year, or? Just want to stay in the loop. I'm in serious need of a way to track Amazon sales and to pull reports for sales tax reporting purposes.

Thanks!

Hallie

#15 John Slocum

John Slocum

Staff

• Root Admin
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationAthens, PA

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

Here is our current status..., bidStart is in alpha test, we'll begin implementing Etsy next, and then hopefully begin implementing Amazon by the end of year.
John
Board Administrator
SixBit Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users