• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheFax

TheFax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

My database is getting large and I'd like to delete some old data.  I see in the help how to delete items and their associated records, but I don't want to delete items.  Does anyone know of a way to delete old sales records or old listings with their associated sales records without deleting items? 

#2 KBG

KBG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

I would like to do the same too. Have you figured out how yet?

#3 nkalfas

nkalfas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Easiest way to reduce the size of your database is to remove the pictures from the database.. either by using the "move pictures from database" option (see user manual).. or by deleting them from the database.  IF you delete items, the sales records go with the deletion. I don't know of a way to delete sales records alone.. perhaps by deleting a buyer from the buyer data area? 

#4 TheFax

TheFax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

I don't want to delete pictures or items because I have very few extras in my system.  I'm still using that data.  What I'm not using is about 50,000 completed sales records, but I have not found a way to get rid of them.

#5 TurtleCove

TurtleCove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

Can't you simply go into your Ship Orders / Fulfilled folder, and delete rows?

I believe that will delete past sales, but not the items.

#6 TheFax

TheFax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:50 PM

Duh!  Oh wow!!!!  Yes, that works!!!!  I was trying to delete old listings and take their sales records with them, which is what I used to do in SAPro back in the day.  I see now that although it doesn't seem possible to delete listings, I can delete the sales, and that should allow me to get rid of more than half of the outdated data.  Thank you so much TurtleCove.

#7 John Manning

John Manning

Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,426 posts
  • LocationSayre, PA

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Sixbit works differently than SAPro did regarding deleting Sales, which is why we don't recommend it. If you delete a Sale in Sixbit, it will re-add that inventory back to the Item making it appear you have more of that item for sale than you actually have and lead to oversold conditions.

As previously mentioned, Picture storage usually takes up 95% of the database size, so either deleting pictures from old Items no longer for sale or using the External Picture option is the best bet for reducing database size.

John Manning
Senior Developer
SixBit Software

Posted Image

#8 TheFax

TheFax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

I noticed that it re-added the inventory.  That is fine in my case, as I track my inventory with my website and then import it into Sixbit on a regular basis to keep Sixbit up to date, so the inventory was fixed the next time I did an import.

I deleted about 44,000 sales records and the "Ship orders" tab definitely works faster than it used to.

I would also like to be able to delete old listing records, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users